McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Winter in Rewind

What is a more fitting way to start a "winter" blog post than with pictures from one of Augusta's rare "snow days?"
The girls had a blast catching snowflakes on their tongues and running through the icy haze, even though it didn't stick. This time, it happened to be a Tuesday in January, and Alli Lane was on her way to ballet.



I suppose I need to stop for just a moment and explain about Alli Lane's name. About a month or so ago, she told me that "Alli Lane" (of course, "Lane" is her actual middle name) is "much more beautiful and much fancier than just Alli." And ever since, she has insisted on being called Alli Lane. Sometimes she won't answer us if we forget and call her "Alli," although sometimes, I think she forgets, too, and it is okay. She has told her teachers and has begun to come home with art work that says her "new" name on it. She says she wants to be Alli Lane "forever," so I guess we'll see if it sticks. We think it is cute, but making the change is tough ~ sort of like calling Elizabeth "Elizabeth" instead of calling her "Boots" ~ most of you know, that never happens!


Alli Lane "cooked" breakfast for me one morning while I was changing Boots. She made me an egg and served it in a plastic cup. (I found the shell in the trash can in the bathroom.)

Happy Valentine's Day!
Alli Lane's first real Valentine's Day party was the day we left for New Orleans, and this was her box for her valentines. She came home with lots of cards and candy!


Boots loves her "Baby Signing Time" videos!! She can sign milk, more, dog, cat, baby, cracker, hat, eat, and a few others. She uses some words, too, baby-fied though they may be. :)

Alli's "People I Love" picture. Brad and I are on there, along with Alli Lane, Boots, and her two teachers. Click on the picture to enlarge it, and notice that Boots is frowning. I think it is hysterical! Alli Lane says she is crying because she is tired. :)

Elizabeth patting Stanley.

Alli Lane and Daddy reading together.

PRECIOUSNESS!

Boots still sits on the doll sofa from Nana & Papa. She thinks it is for her, and it does fit her perfectly!

Playing outside on the deck and in the yard....



Stanley

Doc ~ with his red ball, of course!

"Where's Boots?..... There she is!"

For a baby who would not take a bottle or a cup consistently until she was 14 months old, Elizabeth certainly insists on her milk these days!

Making a mess for Mommy to clean up

Alli Lane had another Parent Visitation Day for ballet. Gigi drove down to watch.

"Jumping over a pond"

Passing balls with their feet and their hands.

Alli Lane and Peyton Lewis



Whew!
I think I am just about caught-up! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the things to look forward to...I can't wait!