McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thankful Thirds for April

I feel so blessed and thankful for so many things!

I am thankful for what I have ~ what our family has ~ especially compared to what I hear from Kennedy, my cousin, who is in Brazil this month and is seeing such extreme poverty.

I am thankful for our choices ~ any and all of them. Currently, Brad and I have several choices for where we will "land" after he finishes his fellowship. We wish we had a crystal ball right now: will we be in Augusta, Savannah, Greenville, or Macon??? As stressful as this time can be, when we stop and think about it, it is such a blessing that we have choices. All of them are good ones and nice places to live, and all of them are relatively close to our parents in Atlanta. Our prayer right now is that we follow God's plan for us, and that it is clear to us where He wants us to be.

I am thankful for the stressors of life. Well, some of them. :) Sound odd? When I can step back and really look at the things that I find so "stressful," I realize that I only have some of these stressors because I already have so much that is wonderful. Does that make sense?

I am thankful that I can get to a lot of the places I want to go in Augusta without getting on Washington Road during the Masters!! But I am also thankful to live in such a city as Augusta, which hosts such an event as the Masters. What an experience!

I am thankful for SPRING! And the beautiful flowers that come along with it! I love that Augusta is in full bloom right now.
These are the tulips ~ my favorite!! ~ that Mom sent on my birthday!

Mostly, I am thankful for my family ~ especially my 2 sweet, precious little girls. And I am thankful for the time I am able to spend with them by staying at home.
These are pictures from a rainy day at home, spending time playing in Mommy's room.

Boots is playing with the "doctor box" on the floor...
...and Alli Lane is playing with her princesses in my bed, so that Boots can't get to them, of course. :)

Thank you, God, for all of our many blessings!

No comments: