McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

13 Years...

Thirteen years ago today, my Daddy died very suddenly. I don't know where those years have gone, because although so many things have happened and changed since then, it still seems like yesterday that I saw him or spoke to him on the phone. I am so thankful for those memories.

Daddy, I still think of you and miss you every day, sometimes so badly that it physically hurts! Mostly, I remember your amazing smile, your support and encouragement, and all of our special times together, and it gives me strength. And every day, I feel your arms around me ~ still there, still supporting and encouraging, still watching out for and protecting me.... I will always love you so much.

1 comment:

Brandi Raye Turner said...

I will never forget the moment you found out he had died... how you simply collapsed, how the air was sucked out of my lungs, how I couldn't breath. I wanted so much to make everything ok for you and I hated that I couldn't. Your heartbreak was so palpable; it made such an impact on me and I can scarely believe it's been more than a decade. I know how much you adored your daddy and how much that love and adoration was returned for his little princess. I am grateful everyday that I've been blessed to have my dad here with me, and I never take that for granted. Lots of love to you...