McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Beach Trip


After we left Dothan, we drove down to the beach for a very much deserved vacation. What can I say? It was perfect!! Brad hasn't really taken a lot of time off this year, so we had several days to spend down at the beach. We stayed at Grandmommie's condo ~ or as Alli kept calling it, her "cocoon." We went to Boondocks and saw Hilary, had donuts at Thomas', went to Seaside where we shopped at Perspicasity and ate at Pickles, and visited the new Pier Park. We remembered from last summer that Carillon has a concert on the green every Monday night, so we had a blast listening to live music and enjoying our picnic. Alli danced and made lots of friends.

While we were there, we were able to visit with several loved ones, as well. Saturday, we drove down to The Bay, where about 100 friends from Dothan were cooking out. It was such fun seeing people I haven't seen in so long; I saw some a year ago when we visited, but it has been several years since I had seen so many of them. And what fun to see my friends' children!

Sunday, we drove to Meme's beach house, where we were able to visit with all of my Randall family. WOW! It was so special! A few of them had been to Augusta to visit after Elizabeth was born, but I had not seen most of them since Christmas, 2006. My cousin, Kyle, was there (he lives in Colorado) and got to see our girls for the first time. Another first was getting to meet Mimi Grace, my cousin Amanda's little girl; she and Jeremy have another little girl on the way in just a couple of months. It was such fun to see all of them, and to enjoy them seeing the girls. Alli put on quite a show for everyone, singing and dancing ~ especially to her new favorite song "Low" (Flo-Rida). (Gee, I am not so sure I should admit that.) :)

The whole week was spectacular. Thank you, Brad, for taking us, and thanks to Grandmommie for letting us use her cocoon. Having grown up only an hour and a half from there and with a house there, it is "home" to me, and I get very homesick for it. There is nothing like the sugar white sand, the emerald water, and the hot pink and orange sunsets ~ my favorite time of day. I feel rested and restored after just minutes there. I feel close to God, and my soul is at peace there. If a place can be your soulmate, that beach is mine. I cannot express how much I appreciate being able to spend a week there....

Here are some pictures from our week. It is hard to narrow down which ones to post ~ there are so many!! By the way, please forgive all of the 'detail' and the slew of pictures; this blog serves as our family journal, so I try to keep it as detailed as I can. Anyway, the girls had a blast! Alli played in the water and the sand, and Boots pretty much slept while we were on the beach.

Alli in her boat, with her Daddy.

I told you it was gorgeous!!



Thomas' Donuts ~ a longstanding tradition....






Concert on the Green at Carillon

Alli danced and danced....



Dinner with Wayne, Kyle, and Brenda at Boondocks





Our "set-up" on the beach with the tent, cart, and all of the necessities. Alli is getting ready to go in the water with her Daddy, and Boots is asleep on a towel.





Randall Family Picture at Meme's Beachhouse

Alli absolutely loved Kyle! She went and got my camera and requested this picture!

Alli dancing to "Low"

It is always so hard to leave! You almost hope for a rainy day for the day you are leaving, to make it easier to go; however, it was beautiful the day we left, and we had to drag ourselves away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Britt,
Great post - what fantastic pics! It looks like you had a blast. We're doing well and I'm actually starting to catch up on some sleep!