McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter! And Other Fun Stuff....

HAPPY EASTER!!!
(quite a few days late!)

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter! We had a very nice day, ourselves. We went to church, followed by lunch at The DoubleTree, which has become a "tradition" of sorts on Easter Sunday for us.
Whenever we leave Sunday School, Brad and I ask Alli what they talked about in her class. Usually, she answers something like, "Jesus and fish," or something of the sort.
Well, on Easter, I asked the usual question, "Alli, what did you talk about in Sunday School today?" Her prompt reply, "Um, my dress." I tried again, "You did? Well, your dress is certainly beautiful. What did your teachers talk about today?" Again, she replied, "Um, my dress." Okay, one more try. "Alli, what else did you talk about today? Did your teachers talk about Jesus?" Exasperated, she said, "No, Mommy. I said we talked about my dress!"
I gave up.



The dress Boots wore for Easter was Alli's dress for my cousin, Amanda's wedding in May, 2005. This just reminds me how much our 2 girls look alike! Alli was younger when she wore the dress, and she had more hair, but the same little face looks back at us from photos.
Our Easter "season" began with the Annual Auxiliary Easter Egg Hunt at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Rahn. They have a beautiful home with lovely grounds, and it is always a perfect setting for the hunt. This year, it was quite cold ~ it even sleeted for a little while! But the kids ~ and the parents ~ had a blast!
Our next hunt was the one at Alli's school. A few of us moms hid eggs, and it didn't take the kids long to find them! Once again, they all had a great time. Alli's class has about 16 kids in it. I was amused to see that when they were 'released' outside, all of the kids hurried to the close part of the grass area where the eggs were, and promptly began to fuss about whose eggs they were ~ except for Alli. She walked past all of the other kids to the other side of the grass and quickly began to pick up eggs, ending up with a bucket (the teachers gave all of the kids personalized buckets) so full that she began to have me hold eggs for her. While some kids had about 3 or 4 eggs, Alli had about 40! Needless to say, we divied up the eggs into equal amounts while the kids played outside.
One more hunt on the schedule ~ First Baptist's Easter Eggstravaganza! Over 14,000 eggs were hidden at the church. The Easter Bunny was there, and there was face painting, arts and crafts, and several inflatables for the kids. My, oh, my! What fun!!
Alli hunted eggs at home on Easter Sunday, after church, as well....

Now, for some other 'fun' pictures!
Ms. Linda, our neighbor across the street, gave the girls matching "Big/Little Sister" t-shirts. Alli is very proud of her big sister shirt.

If you know Alli, you know she loves tea parties, and she loves to dress up! She even invited Elizabeth to this party.


Left to her own devices, Alli can create some "unique" outfits. Here are 3 of my latest favorites, the last of which was just this morning, when she was "gardening" in the front yard.


I hope this post finds you all doing well!
Much love from the Bucklers!!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Britt, how do you put music on your blog? I want to do that!

The Greers said...

Alli should be a pro at egg hunting by now!!! So sad we couldn't make the "tradition" lunch at Doubletree this year!!!!

Unknown said...

Britt, thanks for the tip! I now have a musical blog!

K and C Howell said...

Britt,
The girls are too cute! They really do look a lot alike. I love the dresses. Dressing up little boys is not nearly as much much fun as girl clothes.