McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

WE ARE IN SAVANNAH!

There are several of you who are fussing at me these days for not updating the blog in the past 6 weeks. :) Well, I promise some posts will be coming soon.

We moved to Savannah on June 15, and we have been super busy ever-since. My Mom kept the girls while we made the Augusta to Savannah transition then came down to help unpack here; Brad's parents kept the girls for a few days while we were getting their things settled in the new house. I wanted their rooms and their playroom in good condition before they got here. THANK YOU to all 3 of you ~ we couldn't have done it without you!!

The very next week, Alli Lane had her orientation week at her new school, Hancock Day School; Boots started her summer MDO programming at First Christian. So yes, we jumped right into "life" as soon as we got here.

Since then, we have had our annual beach trip, I went to Jackson and New Orleans with Emily, Alli Lane has been to two camps (Starlight Pottery and BC Cheer Camp), and Boots continued to go to MDO. Most importantly, on July 19, Brad started working here; his group has 2 units ~ the main one is at Memorial, and the other one is at Candler. We have continued to settle into our new house and surroundings, and we are really enjoying it all. Granted, I still don't have anything hanging on the walls or anything sitting in the bookcases, but that will come. We are loving our new house and our neighborhood; in fact, on our 3rd night here, there was a neighborhood Luau down at the clubhouse, and we had a blast getting to know our neighbors. There has also been a Girls' Night Out, and we have a Redneck Party in August ~ like I said, lots of fun. :) I think Brad's favorite part is being able to head to the pool in the evenings after supper with the girls ~ only about 200 yards away!

So, that's what we have been doing. I promise to post pictures very soon. I have great ones from the beach, and I want to get some of the house on here, as well (after I "fluff" a little bit, though).

Hope you are all well! Keep checking back! ;)

No comments: