McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

THANKFUL THIRDS... October AND November

WOW. I started and never published my Thankful Thirds for October, and I am sooo late for November!!

We are so blessed, it is difficult to narrow down all for which we are thankful.

I am thankful for sweet Louie, my mom's beagle ~ really, our family beagle. We got him right before Christmas after Daddy died in 1996. He was a sweet distraction and a precious puppy. He has battled Lymphoma for 3 years, and although he did very well with his chemo/treatments for a long time, Mom had to put him down Halloween day. He was very loved and was our sweet angel. He got us through the most difficult time in all of our lives, and he is and will continue to be supremely missed. What an angel. Thank you, God, for giving him to us and letting him bless our lives for 13 years.

I am thankful for blessings in disguise. Brad has had some health problems lately, but before anyone worries, he is fine. However, the minor issues he was having helped us to discover some issues that, although not serious at this point in time, would have most likely become serious down the road. I am thankful for our health.

I am thankful for a precious husband who has been willing to do absolutely whatever it takes to take care of our family. He already works 80-100 hours a week, but with all of our financial troubles (most of which have come from the other house that has had so many problems, all of which we have fixed along the way), he has moonlighted at MCG and in Savannah every month; he has also officiated football games and performed physicals for middle and high school athletes. Thank you, Brad, for going above and beyond. Thank you for literally doing "whatever it takes" to get us through this.

I am thankful for having a giving and supportive Mom, who has also been AMAZING through this time. She has helped us financially, as well as in other ways. I get emotional when I think about everything both she and Brad have done for our family and wonder how I am so blessed. Thank you, God.

I am thankful for all of the stress in our lives. We have stress and a lot on our plates right now, but the stress really only comes from the fact that we are so blessed.

I am thankful for my precious girls. I love them more than anything in this world. I am thankful that they are healthy and happy.

No comments: