McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Thankful Thirds for July

I am extremely late with this.
Obviously, it is well-past the third of July ~ it is the tenth of July.

I got distracted last week and to be honest, blogging was the last thing on my mind. I found out ~ on facebook, no less ~ that a friend of mine had taken her own life. She was a sorority sister of mine from Vanderbilt; she was in my pledge class, and we met half-way through our freshman year. Laurel was a very sweet girl, and I can't think of any memories that do not involve her beautiful smile, which literally covered her entire face. The whole thing has been very sad, and it is very tragic.

For this month, I have one thing that I am truly grateful for:
this wonderful LIFE that God has given to me and to all of us!
Even with the ups and downs, the triumphs and the pitfalls, I am grateful for life and all of the beauty and blessings in it.

1 comment:

Brandi Raye Turner said...

I couldn't have said it any better. It's hard enough losing someone we care about so much; losing her like this is still incomprehensible to me and talking it through with you really helped. xoxo