McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Twelve Years

Alli said the most precious thing to Brad the other day, as she ran to him and threw her little arms around his neck....

I cannot believe it has been twelve years since my Daddy died. Twelve years. I am 32 years old now, and whenever I stop to think about him, I revert back to a little girl again ~ my Daddy's Little Girl ~ in the way I still love him, still miss him, still need him and want him with me in my life.

So, I will say to him what Alli said to Brad so recently, because the words still ring true, whether you are 3 or 32, when you are a Daddy's Girl:

"You will always be my Daddy!"

And I will always miss you....

1 comment:

The Greers said...

Ok... so have you totally dumped me as a friend???? I am SO sorry I missed the "anniversary". I had October in my mind for some reason then I'm catching up on my "blog reading" and this is what I read!!!

This is such a sweet blog entry. Such sweet words about your daddy. Like I said last year, I know he is looking down on you and is so proud of the woman, wife, and mother you have become. And, of course, he's proud of those two precious girls!!!!!

love you!