McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brad!!

(... Plus 2 days) :)

Saturday, May 3 was Brad's 33rd birthday. Poor thing was post-call and pre-call, but at least he didn't have to work all day long! I think he had a pretty good day. It started off with Krispy Kreme donuts and a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks. I made his favorite pasta for lunch, and he opened presents. I would say he did pretty well: a round of golf for him and 3 friends, an MP3 player, and Blue Tooth, among several others. We had some of the cake I had made for him, watched the Derby, and had TakoSushi for dinner. All in all, not too shabby!

Happy Birthday, Honey!!
Your girls love you!!

Other news and notes....

Boots:
Just this morning, Elizabeth rolled over for the first time. Yay! She's been trying for a while, but getting stuck half-way over. She rolled tummy-to-back and immediately tried back-to-tummy, but yet again, got stuck on her side and ended up on her back again. That's okay ~ one milestone at a time. :) Good job, baby girl!
And for those of you who know that she hasn't exactly been the best sleeper (she has still been waking up at 2am, 4 or 5am, 6am, and 7am), I am very happy to report that we have made some progress this past week. She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but I am very happy with the progress she has made ~ we have almost dropped that 2am feeding ~ FINALLY!! Good thing, too, because this mama is tired!! :)
As for the bottle, we have made progress in that area, as well. She will take more than an ounce now, but Brad has to be walking around with her in the Baby Bjorn. Hey, whatever works, right?!

Alli B:
I have a little sassy frass on my hands, to say the least. Her new thing is to tell me she is going to "D-do it!" What does that mean? I haven't the faintest! But to give you an idea, this is how the conversation goes:

Alli: Mommy, can I jump on the bed?
Me: No, Alli. You know the rules. Let's go play with your ponies, instead.
Alli: Ugh! Then I will just D-do it then!

You have no idea how many times I hear that in a day. It is hard not to bust out laughing, but she is sooo serious! And usually pretty mad at me, too.

She also has us pretty well figured out. The other day, she was dressed in a darling white dress with pink flowers, ready to go see Nana and Papa. Brad and I were loading the car, and she wanted to play in the dirt. I told her no, that she could be outside but needed to sit on the steps and watch but not to get dirty. I went inside, and Brad came out. She asked him if she could play in the dirt. Her clueless Daddy said, "Sure."
(Strike 1 for Daddy.) When I came out and asked what she was doing in the dirt, she said, "Daddy said I could." I told her again to sit on the steps. She folded her arms across her chest, looked me straight in the eye, and said, "Well, then, I will just have to talk to my Daddy about that!" I had to turn away, I was trying so hard not to laugh. When I collected myself, I turned back around to face my strong-willed daughter. "What do you think Daddy will say?" With all of the confidence in the world, she replied, "Daddy will say yes!"

Yep, she's got us figured out.
And she has her Daddy completely wrapped around her little finger.
So does Boots.
I guess there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad requested a comment regarding this post. He said when Alli asked him, she asked if she could play "in the driveway", not "in the dirt"; however, I knew from previous experience that "driveway" is toddler code for "dirt". Then, he didn't see that she had begun playing in the dirt NEXT to the driveway. He wants you all to know he isn't a complete dummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! That's one clever girl you have!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your heart and your hands full! I can't wait for my turn!

Jessica said...

Thanks Britt,
This has and will continue to be the hardest thing we have ever been through, we were so blessed to have Zach and only wish the time could have been longer. No parent ever wants to bury their child.
Thank you for sharing Brad with us. Kyle and I were so glad to know that we had someone in Augusta that would take care of Zach and us while we were there. Please come and see us during football season, my sister and her husband usually come up when he is not on call in Tallahassee. Thanks again--Jess

Unknown said...

Britt,
When is the tournament? I would love to try and play. Let me know!

Unknown said...

Britt,
Unfortunatey I have a conference here in B'ham that entire day! It is "strongly encouraged" that I be there, so I don't think I'll make it. I would like to get an invite for future years though!

Unknown said...

Britt,
I have a conference that day in B'ham! Argghhhh! Anyway, I want to participate in the future. Thanks!

K and C Howell said...

Alli sounds so cute. I'm sure it is so hard to not crack a smile when you are trying to be serious and they are so funny.
Congratulations on the rolling for Boots. My poor fat child can not get over. He can sit unsupported and can fall forward, get on his tummy and prop up on hands, but no rolling.
Tell Brad that we know he's not a dummy, he's a dad. Dads can claim ignorance and get away with it. It works for them. "I didn't know the clothes you left out on the changing table last night were for today" etc...
PS -- I love the peacock "pink cock" comment you left on my blog. Had me laughing out loud.