McAllister Lane Buckler

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Elizabeth Parham Buckler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

ELIZABETH IS HERE!!!

Elizabeth Parham Buckler
December 12, 2007
11:13 a.m.
6 lbs., 12 oz. 18.5 inches


Elizabeth was born Wednesday morning. Brad and I checked into Labor and Delivery a little before 6am; they began the pitocin at 6:30, broke my water at 8:30, gave me an epidural at 9:30, and she was born at 11:13. We were blessed to have a very easy delivery. I was up and eating Krystal's shortly after she arrived! :)


Everyone at MCG was wonderful! My OB, Erin Holsten, is fantastic! My nurse, Carla Allen, was the best possible!! She has 3 girls of her own and completely understands about "big sisters." She was precious to all of us ~ especially to Alli, whom she let "help" her with Elizabeth's first bath (in our room). Alli is so proud to be a big sister!! Carla was sweet enough to even give Alli a special book about being a big sister, which Alli loves. When we ask Alli what she thinks about Elizabeth, she says one of several things: "I think she likes me," "I love my baby sister," and "I think she's nice." I think Alli thinks she is a living baby doll! She constantly wants to help with her and take care of her, and stops playing every once in a while to run over and give Elizabeth a hug and a kiss. The picture below is of her helping Carla at the hospital.

Here are a couple more pictures of Miss Elizabeth. She is a sweet baby, and we are soaking up every second with her!! I hesitate to begin with comparisons to Alli, but it is really like deja vu, she looks so much like her! (She really does ~ just has lighter hair and less of it than Alli had at birth. Take a look at Alli's birth pictures to see what I mean; use the link to "Alli's First Year" to the right.)


We have had lots of help (Mom, we couldn't have survived the past couple of days without you!) and several visitors. We will post more pictures very soon, but we wanted to go ahead and get these on the blog. Thank you for your continued prayers, and keep checking for updates!! We love you all!
You can also see her hospital picture at welcomenewborn.com ~ password "boots."

Thank you, God, for our newest Blessing!!!! She is perfect!

2 comments:

The Greers said...

We are so excited to have a new "little sister/niece"!!! She is beautiful.We are so happy to have been there and to be "your people"!!!!

Anonymous said...

b nice to see her p--sy